Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pizza Friday Update


Gary liked this pizza so much last night, he said I must write about it. Thank you, sweet husband.

I have vowed to myself that one of these days, I will try my hand at fresh pizza dough. Until then, I turn to refrigerated dough when I don’t have time to make my usual flat bread pizza crust. Another option is my local bakery—I just found out that they have homemade pizza crusts on Sundays and Tuesdays. I’m keeping that in mind for next week.

Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese and Arugula

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Spread pesto sauce on pizza crust, and top with:

Thinly sliced tomatoes that have been blotted and lightly salted to draw out excess liquid
Meat of your choice, if desired (I used last night’s pork tenderloin)
Sliced purple onions
Sliced mushrooms
Sliced black olives
Crumbled garlic and herb goat cheese (a little goes a long way)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Arugula
Good olive oil

Bake on bottom rack for about 10 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Move to middle rack and cook for about 5-10 minutes until pizza is desired brownness. Remove from oven, and top with arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.