Thursday, March 21, 2013

Simple Broiled Pork Tenderloin


If Dr. Oz said to take two tablespoons of castor oil every day to benefit my GI system, I might try it. If he suggested a poultice of vinegar and fresh comfrey root to cure my belly ache, yeah, I’d probably do it. So, when Mehmet Oz said to limit “two-legged” animal meat to no more than once per week, I did it. There was one exception though: anything with the word “loin” in it is okay. Lucky for me, lean pork tenderloin is a favorite and so easy to prepare. Marinating is nice, but all it really needs is a little tempering, some good olive oil, and ample seasoning.

Simple Broiled Pork Tenderloin

1 (1.5 lb.) pork tenderloin
Kosher salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
Garlic powder
Good olive oil

Trim silver skin off tenderloin. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with garlic powder, and let temper on counter top at room temp for 1 hour. Drizzle with olive oil, and broil for about 15 minutes, turning over once during cooking if top begins to brown too much.

Remove from oven and let rest for about 15 minutes before slicing.

Note: pork tenderloin, at its juiciest and most tender, is medium rare/pink inside.