Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quick and Easy Go-To Salmon Patties



When I'm in a hurry--or running late--and need to get dinner on the table quick, salmon patties are one of my favorite go-to meals. With canned salmon a staple in my pantry, I'm always ready for this easy meal. I spiced things up a bit with this recipe. If you're feeling extra-saucy, add more of the hot stuff.

Spiced-Up Salmon Patties

1 can (14 3/4 ounces) salmon, drained and flaked
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 - 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
Fresh cracked black pepper

Olive oil

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, form into patties. In a large skillet over medium, heat olive oil-enough to generously coat the bottom. Fry for about three minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Transfer to paper towels to drain, and serve.

Tips: I keep jarred jalapeno peppers in my refrigerator--at the ready whenever I need them. After forming, place extra patties into freezer bags. Thaw out and fry up any time!